Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Day 3: It’s All in the Family

Activity 2: Acknowledging Ancestry


PEPEHA


Ko ________Southern Alps___ te maunga    The mountain that I affiliate* to is…
Ko _________Taramakau River__ te awa          The river that I affiliate to is….
Ko ________________________ te waka The waka that I affiliate to is…
Ko __________Allan Aitken____ tōku tīpuna My founding ancestor is…
Ko ___________Aitken Family_______ tōku iwi          My tribe is…
Ko ___________Wallcroft Famly_______ tōku hapu My sub-tribe is…
Ko ________Kumara___________ tōku marae My marae is…
Ko ________Kumara_____________ ahau I am from…
Ko_Aaron Aitken_ rāua ko _Vanessa Aitken__ōku mātua  My parents are … and …
90668006.jpg
Ko ________________________ tōku ingoa. My name is …James Aitken

1 comment:

  1. Hi James

    Well done! You have done a great job with this activity.
    Did you already know your Mihi? Or did you have to research it?

    Do you use these at Kumara school?

    It's something that is always good to know. If you can say it without looking at a piece of paper, it is even better.

    Well done James

    Keep up the good work, keep blogging

    Until next time

    Allie :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.